Monday, August 15, 2005

Dumb as a box of rocks

I'm a pretty smart guy. At least that's what the people I'm free to fire at will always tell me. ;) Seriously, if you saw my IQ test scores from school or my SAT results, you'd probably be impressed. At the least, I'm not a complete maroon. :)

Still, I sometimes do something so stupid that I amaze myself. This weekend, we worked our butts off, with the help of this sweetie, getting just about every last piece of remaining stuff out of the other house.

The weekend began with Marc stuck here (at the new house), as I did multiple trips back and forth, loading and re-loading the Explorer with things from the old house. I cleaned a lot out of the house and also got the garage emptied out. Unfortunately, in that heat (mid-to-high 90s and quite humid), I didn't drink nearly as much as I should have. Considering that you could have wrung out my clothes when I was done, I probably should have had more than a little bit of water here and there.

So I felt exhausted yesterday, and I wasn't a heck of a lot better today. This morning, I felt a bit queasy and was still quite tired.

So, with my stomach (and related organs) in rebellion, apparently as an effect of this weekend's fun, what did I do for lunch? Maybe some plain rice? Find a little oatmeal? Nooooo. I got Mexican food. Chicken flautas, precisely. So by late afternoon, I was dizzy and turning colors. My staff sent me home, bless their hearts.

Leaving at 4:30, I felt like such a slacker, but I really did need to leave. Bad enough to be sick, but it being self-inflicted from start to finish makes me feel that much worse! *sigh*

3 comments:

CoffeeDog said...

Someone else uses the word "maroon" How cool is that!

Hope yu are felling better. And yes you were a maroon for not drinking more water!

Tuna Girl said...

Aww. Poor baby! I did the same thing once at an air show. With the kids in tow too. And then I tried to hide how sick I was because I was too embarrassed to let a medic help me. Dumbass.

Crash said...

Yikes. Good thing you guys aren't planning another move any time soon.