Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Closed!

I'm a happy camper. We closed on the sale of our old house today. Not only does it mean some cash in our pockets, but, more importantly, it means we're down to one mortgage. This is as opposed to two mortgages and three lines of credit (from drawing equity out of the old house as we fixed up the new one) which made for huge monthly payments.

The closing went off with nary a hitch. Despite work headaches today (both this morning while I was there and this afternoon by phone), it has been a good day!

8 comments:

PatCH said...

Congrats!

Mark Floyd-Thaut said...

Working in the Mortgage business for the past 14 years, having a closing without a hitch is amazing.

Good for you and congrats. :)

Tuna Girl said...

Congrats, guys!

epicurist said...

Congrats! I know that it has been a bit stressful carrying both mortgages for you boys, so happy to see this has been lifted off your shoulders! :)

MzOuiser said...

Ah, closure. How does it feel?

CoffeeDog said...

Congrats! I know what you mean, credit lines, mortgages, etc - stress!

Wayne said...

Congratz!

Bruce said...

Good lord ... I was so confused by your post. My old eyes and brain read the first line of your post as "I'm NOT a happy camper...." Sheesh!

Congratulations.