Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lakisha Jones or Melinda Doolittle

American Idol is a guilty pleasure. Much of the time, I watch it to see the hideous people who think they're Streisand but sound more like me (I'm not known for my singing!). It's like a terrible car wreck--you just have to look.

But sometimes there's some real talent on there. This season, there are two amazing singers. If this show has any value at all, one of these two will win: either Lakisha Jones or Melinda Doolittle.

The problem is that a lot of the voting is driven by dopey little teenagers, but that's not really a problem. If the Idol voters get it wrong, these two will still have careers in music. They're too good to avoid moving on to bigger things. Just ask Jennifer Hudson.

2 comments:

Cincy Diva said...

Melinda Dolittle and Blake Lewis!

Andy said...

I think I'm Barbra Streisand but I sound like Thomas Stewart.