Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Movie recommendation

This weekend, we watched Radio. It had been on my Netflix list for a while, but I wasn't really in a rush to see it. It seemed like it might be a nice movie--and Netflix' prediction was that we'd like it (based on our prior movie ratings)--but I wasn't dying to see it.

So we watched it. It stars Ed Harris and Cuba Gooding, Jr. Cuba Gooding plays "Radio", a mentally challenged man who is nicknamed Radio due to his fascination with radios.

I won't go into detail here, because I can't think of a way to do that without ruining the film for you. I will say that it was very well acted, and I found it to be quite touching.

One very emotional scene brought me immediately to tears. Part of that was because I could very easily relate to what Radio was going through at that moment, having recently gone through the same thing myself.

Aside from that scene, the film is filled with touching scenes. Both Marc and I thought it was a wonderful film, and we highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tend not to want to watch those types of movies. I'm what you call a mess. A watery Cancerian with little holding back the flood gates. I once watched Marvin's Room, The English Patient and Joy Luck Club in 3 days. I looked like Tony cold cocked me. I wass a wreck for weeks at the meer thought of those damn movies. Oy! We won't be seeing any weepy movies while I'm there, will we? I don't think you should see me in a heap just yet.
k