Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A quick report on a big day

We're married.

Marc and I met on his birthday, 13 years, 7 months and 15 days ago.

So it seemed fitting that me make it "legal" on my birthday... which is today. I'm sure we would have done this sooner, but marriage only became an option for us recently. We were waiting for New York, but the Democrats in New York took our votes and suddenly lost some of their dedication to the cause. But I digress--and there's no need for any of that on such a happy day. We didn't wait for New York. Instead, we went to Connecticut to get it done.

Today, we went to Danbury, visited their City Hall, got a marriage license and then went to a Justice of the Peace. We had contacted the Justice of the Peace quite a while ago, so this was all set up and ready to go.

She was terrific, and she conducted a wonderful ceremony. We said our vows, exchanged our rings and lit a candle.

When I have more time, I'll share the vows we said. In the meantime, I'm going to take my HUSBAND (yes!!!) upstairs. Because, you know, we wanted to wait until we were married before we did anything.

Okay, we wanted to wait, but, as I recall, we waited until after lunch back when we first met. ;) Even so, I'm dragging this hot man upstairs, and I'll share more about today when I have more time!

6 comments:

Joey said...

That's funny, because my b.f. (of 16 years now) and I met on his birthday too! Anyway, I wish you guys a lot of happiness.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!

A DC said...

Wait until after you were married? HA! Out of everything, I suspect THAT tidbit is the April Fool's joke...lol!

I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations!

xoxo,
Ang

(my verification word is sisest?)

Java said...

Congratulations!! Felicitations, many happy returns, etc. I'm thrilled for you both! A little Midnight Gardener told me about this happy event.

Jess is 4/1 really your birthday? How cool is that? It's also my husband's birthday! You had a much better birthday than he did. He spent the evening in the emergency room with a mashed finger. He's in pain, but otherwise alright. YOU, on the other hand, are MARRIED! (I'm all verklempt)

Michael Vernon said...

Happy Wedding Day to you both! Can Anthony and I take you to Olive Garden to celebrate? (ps: I didn't realize what you were doing when I called on Wednesday. Mea culpa!)

Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

My goodness...I've missed so much being stranded technology-less on an island in the middle of the Pacific!

Ho'omaika'i (Congrats!) and so much aloha to you and Marc. I'm so happy for you both. Oh and Hauoli La Hanau (Happy Birthday) to you Jess. What a great way to celebrate.

It doesn't matter who you are, what you do, or how much you have, it's who you have beside you.