Tuesday, January 23, 2007

More about the interview

So the interview went well. I didn't know the position before I went in. All I knew was that a colleague passed along my resume, and then someone's secretary (a nice lady, by the way) called to say, "Can you come in on Monday for an interview?" So I went.

I met with four people for about an hour. The title is a lower one than my current job, and that would be a problem. I was very frank with them and said I wasn't going to do anything that appeared to be a step back in my career. They understood that, but there was an interesting vibe in the room.

I was given a clear signal that I shouldn't write them off yet. It seems that they want to see what they can do to change the structure so it would be acceptable to me. Of course, people higher up may tell them to forget it, and that will be the end of it.

Whatever happens, it was nice that it went so well. If nothing comes of it, at least it was good practice!

1 comment:

CoffeeDog said...

Practice makes perfect! And your positive attitude shows and will help you land the perfect job.