Sunday, November 07, 2004

Randall's Island and Brooklyn

Randall's Island and Brooklyn: I went to one and saw a show about the other (and a girl of the same name).

Yesterday, I woke up alone. It's a rare event, and I really don't like it. Marc had an overnight strategic planning retreat for work. He went out east on Friday and didn't return until yesterday afternoon.

So I went to a rugby match alone. When he got home, I mentioned my observation that he wasn't the only one missing from the match. A number of the really hot ruggers were missing. Now, one could simply say this is based on it being a "B side only" day, but I could think of another reason! ;)

So, anyhow, here are a few rugby pictures...







For all of the photos, go here. It's a smaller set this week (because I only watched one match--and it was half the usual length), but I think I got a few good shots.

After rugby, I went back home. Marc arrived just in time for us to jump on a train and go see Brooklyn the Musical. Brooklyn has received mixed reviews. Some reviews were, in fact, quite bad.

Even so, I was very pleased with the show. Many Broadway shows we've seen have been real dreck (in case you don't know Yiddish, "dreck" roughly translates to "shit". I used the word dreck, so I wouldn't have to use the word shit on my nice, clean blog). So, anyhow, many shows have been dreck (glad I didn't say "shit"? As if I would ever use such a word!), as I said--shows with truly stupid or non-existent plots and scores that sounded like high school students wrote them. Major shows with major ticket prices that have left me feeling robbed by overrated producers/writers.

Having been to so many shows with horrible, non-catchy tunes, I was very pleased to hear good, original songs sung by performers with lovely voices. It made for a nice evening.

Today was a day of chores--cleaning out my grandmother's apartment, shopping for lighting fixtures, etc. This was followed by a nice nap (always a good thing). Now it's time to make a late dinner.

All in all, a good weekend.

Oh yeah, one last thing. I've been a member/supporter of the Human Rights Campaign, People for the American Way and MoveOn.org for some time. To that, I added the ACLU this weekend. I/we can never give up the fight for equal rights. Join me/us, and keep fighting for equal rights for everyone!

3 comments:

PatCH said...

Lovely photos as always, Jess... :-)

Wayne said...

F**K, those pics are HOT!

Brechi said...

nice pics, i love action shots